We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
DEPUTY LOCAL SERVICE MANAGER
HAZEL COURT, WORCESTER & ALBERT PARK ROAD, MALVERN
£22,065 PER ANNUM (RISING TO £23,226 AFTER 12 MONTHS, SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE)
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential and live as independently as possible.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Through day-to-day personalised support, we help clients with disabilities and complex needs to achieve good physical and emotional health, improve their wellbeing and quality of life.
We have a rewarding opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join our management team to work in our scheme for clients who have learning disabilities. Closely supporting the Local Service Manager you will play a vital role in the delivery of a high quality service that meets with all legislative and organisational requirements.
The role of Deputy Local Service Manager will include
- Managing, recruiting, developing and training staff within appropriate legislative or NVQ frameworks and devise effective and well run staff rotas
- Promoting best practice within the home by monitoring relationships with service users, relatives and visitors to ensure quality services are carried out by staff
- Ensuring effective care and support systems are in place and that we operate in a fully compliant way
- Preparing, promoting and coordinating care plans
Skills and experiences
- Proven management or supervisory experience gained within a social care environment
- Compassionate, caring and hard working with a hands on approach to care management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- An understanding of CQC standards and of putting them into practice
- NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of on line discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile click here
Closing Date: 29 May 2017
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.